Think winding pathways and tree lined overlooks, coca-cola in glass
bottles and oversized leather chairs by a fire. MillBridge offers the
nostalgic charm of stepping out your front door and waving to neighbors
before strolling down the paved footpath to the Community House for a
casual gathering of good friends and family. The small charm of Waxhaw
is carried throughout MillBridge and the iconic covered bridge welcomes
you into a lifestyle that encourages relaxation, connection and lifelong
learning. Residents young and old have everything they need here to
provide a fulfilling life. Whether you’re the outdoorsy type or a
bookworm by nature, you’ll find a haven in our 900-acre master planned
MillBridge is the leader in homes for sale Waxhaw, NC.
Keeping with its small town integrity, we’re growing with it. Here you
can bring back the things that matter, while you learn, grow, play and
meet new challenges, neighbors, and experiences. From multiple pools to
relax at and paved trails along Twelve Mile Creek to a beautiful
Community House open seven days a week and a monthly event calendar for
everyone in the family, your neighborhood will become your getaway.
Throughout the community, there are gathering places that bring neighbors
together to create a new way of living. The Community House features a
café area with a coffee bar, library, lounge area and kids’ corner. The
on-site movie theater boasts four rows of elevated reclining seats and a
patio with a fire pit. Six sets of French doors step out onto a
second-story patio overlooking the sparkling waters of the Junior
Olympic lap pool. Enjoy a latte in a rocking chair and look out past
the pools to the old-fashioned Mill House and water wheel.
MillBridge not only offers the finest homes for sale Waxhaw, NC, but also provides a quality lifestyle the whole family will enjoy.
The pool area offers a Junior Olympic lap pool, waterslide, aquatic
playground with zero-entry splash pool and a lazy river. Beside the
pool is an open-area gym with full-court basketball for those who prefer
to enjoy fresh air while exercising, without being completely exposed to
The Mill House, adjacent to the Community House and pools, is a special
event space overlooking Twelve Mile Creek. With a working water wheel
and balcony overlooking the wooded area along the banks of Twelve Mile Creek, this space can house a number of enchanted occasions and all the
memories that will go with them.
On-site summer camps, game nights, and movies keep you close to home and
close to what matters, while classes, events, and trips into Uptown
Charlotte keep residents active and expanding their horizons.
Taking a trip to look for homes for sale in Waxhaw, NC?
Check out our
list of Top 10 Things to Do in Waxhaw, NC compiled by your small-town
experts, the MillBridge Team.
1. Friday Night Concerts: Throughout the summer, Waxhaw features a free local concert series referred to as “Jammin’ by the Tracks.” People are encouraged to bring their own food and/or join in the jammin’!
2. Pottery and Glass Blowing: These classes are great for developing those artistic skills! Open 7 days a week, it’s a great opportunity to get creative with the entire family.
3. Waxhaw Town and Country Run: Calling all you runners out there! Held
in April, runners get to enjoy Waxhaw’s historic charm as they run
through downtown in this annual 5k race.
4. Autumn Treasure: This event is for BBQ and car lovers. In the second
week of October, Waxhaw hosts a BBQ competition and car show. The
exciting event boasts an average attendance of nearly 10,000 each year.
5. Twelve Days of Christmas: This event occurs the weekend before
Christmas and involves lighting 75,000 lights around the historic town.
There is also a parade, a senior Christmas party, and the opportunity to ride in horse drawn carriages.
6. Cane Creek Park: An expansive park with a 300 acre lake, Cane Creek
Park is an ideal spot for fishing, camping, horseback riding and outdoor
7. Waxhaw Historical Walking Tour: To get to know your new town, locals
recommend taking a guided tour of Historic Waxhaw. You’ll hear fascinating facts,
see historic homes, and learn about the famous figures who have lived
8. Waxhaw Sk8 Park: Catering to the young, the skate park is open from 7am through 8pm April 1st through November 1st. Conveniently located near downtown Waxhaw.
9. Museum of the Waxhaws: This museum will educate you on the local history of the town.
10. Waxhaw Military Wall of Honor: Located right downtown, this wall is to commemorate those who have or are serving in the United States Military.
The Most Fun at MillBridge
Check out the fun